When I was a child I had strep throat more than once. And quite frankly, I don't remember it being that bad. You know, other than the swabbing of the throat! Well, the swabbing of the throat has not gotten any better and the sickness has not gotten any easier. It has been years since I had strep, but as of today, I have it again! And my sweet little boy, Nate, has it too! And you know what, I can tell he surely does not feel as bad as his mama does. Now we wait and see if anyone else in this family ends up with it!
Nate has asked me today why God created sickness. And why in the world do we have to be sick? I am not a theologian and I get a little nervous when he asks me stuff like this! I love to talk to him about these things, but feel such great pressure to answer him precisely! I am not sure I gave the most correct answer, but I do know that despite sickness and disease, that God always knows best. I don't necessarily believe that God made me sick. I believe that I stumbled upon some germs. And God allowed that to happen. I also believe that we live in a world full of sin and because of sin we suffer. Not necessarily because of my personal sin because Christ took Christian sin to the cross with Him. But, simply because of sin in general. When Adam and Eve sinned, the world changed. Yeah, life would be much more enjoyable without some of those consequences! But you know, Heaven is going to be a glorious place and I think some of that glory is in direct relation to the fact that we will remember what was on this side of heaven!! (which, let me add here---is not ALL bad)
Pretty deep for a strep throat day! But I think that is what Jesus wants of us. Thinking, talking and living our lives so everything (even strep throat) points to Him. No, not always easy, but always true!
Savoring the Moments
7 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment