I know that today, on Mother's Day there will be many blogs written about moms. There will be all sorts of stuff written about mothers and what they do for us. But, this blog will be unique in the fact that it is about MY mom.
MY one-of-kind, sent-from-the-hand-of God, MAMA!!!
I know that there is a special bond between a mother and her daughter. And I am so thankful that in the past year God saw fit to give me the mother-side of that relationship. But, I am even more thankful that for the past 36-years I have been on the daughter-side of it.
My mama and I have always had a strong bond. Yes, even when I was a teenager! You see, my mom is fun. She likes to laugh and she knows how to laugh at herself. She can take a joke (most of the time) and she has even put up with my brothers relentless pokes at her all these years. (all in fun of course--and ALL from them, not ever me!) Mama is patient, and kind and compassionate. She is one of the most hospitable ladies I know. She can cook a meal like NO OTHER!! And she gives of herself more than most people know. She TRIES not to sweat the small stuff. And sometimes she is even very successful at that!
My mom LOVES people and she cares about their souls. She spends many hours in prayer. Not just for her family or her needs. But, she is a prayer warrior and prays for many, many people and many, many things. My mom has "mothered" a lot of people in her life. Some have shown her gratitude and love in return. And some have GREATLY disappointed her. But, she continues to "mother" and care about people and their eternal destination. I know that only eternity will tell just how many people have been touched by my mama and her compassion.
I am SO grateful to call Marcia Evans my mama. I can not begin to tell you the sacrifices she has made over the years, or the things she has taught me. But I can tell you that I love my mama. And I am glad she is mine.
Happy Mother's Day Mama. I love you today and always.
MY one-of-kind, sent-from-the-hand-of God, MAMA!!!
I know that there is a special bond between a mother and her daughter. And I am so thankful that in the past year God saw fit to give me the mother-side of that relationship. But, I am even more thankful that for the past 36-years I have been on the daughter-side of it.
My mama and I have always had a strong bond. Yes, even when I was a teenager! You see, my mom is fun. She likes to laugh and she knows how to laugh at herself. She can take a joke (most of the time) and she has even put up with my brothers relentless pokes at her all these years. (all in fun of course--and ALL from them, not ever me!) Mama is patient, and kind and compassionate. She is one of the most hospitable ladies I know. She can cook a meal like NO OTHER!! And she gives of herself more than most people know. She TRIES not to sweat the small stuff. And sometimes she is even very successful at that!
My mom LOVES people and she cares about their souls. She spends many hours in prayer. Not just for her family or her needs. But, she is a prayer warrior and prays for many, many people and many, many things. My mom has "mothered" a lot of people in her life. Some have shown her gratitude and love in return. And some have GREATLY disappointed her. But, she continues to "mother" and care about people and their eternal destination. I know that only eternity will tell just how many people have been touched by my mama and her compassion.
I am SO grateful to call Marcia Evans my mama. I can not begin to tell you the sacrifices she has made over the years, or the things she has taught me. But I can tell you that I love my mama. And I am glad she is mine.
Happy Mother's Day Mama. I love you today and always.


2 comments:
I love your mama too!! My second mama, for sure! Happy Mother's Day to both of you!
My sweet, daughter. Thank you for you kind words....very gracious and I am undeserving of them. I made many mistakes...but LOVING wasn't one of them...I truly love my children!
Post a Comment