BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Beauty

We have heard all of those old cliches. "Beauty is as Beauty does." or my personal favorite that my grandmama taught me: "Beauty is only skin deep and ugly is to the bone. And when the beauty fades away the UGLY holds its own."

I try to live by these. But, I know I fail miserably every day. (So thankful for a merciful Savior)

I shared with you on Valentine's Day that a friend of mine from church went on to her heavenly home. Through the course of this past week, I have had the privilege of sharing in the services that were held for Kristi Walker. And I can tell you she was a beautiful lady. She had a zeal for Jesus that is not easily matched. Much less by someone of her age. And I do believe that because of the road God chose for her, there were lives changed for eternity. What a BEAUTIFUL testimony.

But, after this past week, I have been thinking a lot about beauty. With the new role of a girl's mommy I want to teach her what true beauty is all about. I believe that Kristi's parents did an excellent job in that category. And I can honestly say that she portrayed "beauty to the bone."

We get so wrapped up in secular beauty. In shape, size, clothing, hairstyle, hair color, shoes, etc, etc, etc. As women we work so hard to impress. But, who is it that we are impressing? Who is it that I am so diligently trying to prove that I am pretty?

What a question, huh? I want Jesus to see beauty in me.

"Please Lord, help me to seek beauty in your eyes and in your eyes alone."




This is a picture of Kristi at my baby shower in July 2008. I remembered after my last post that I had it in my collection.

1 comments:

Faith said...

What a great post, Ashleigh. Kristi was beautiful and I'm praying for all of her friends and family who are missing her so much right now.

I hope you are doing well!