BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Visitor in the Window

Today I enjoyed watching the female bluebird up close. She seemed to gain some comfort in us as she continually visited on our meal-worm feeder. We placed it just outside our kitchen window. When I finally discovered her, all the worms had been eaten. And she seemed to say she wanted more. But, Adam said NO. Once-a-day is enough. Especially until he sees a nest being constructed!! They haven't shown any signs of nest-building, but both of them visit most every day. And I can't confirm that the bluebirds are the ones eating the worms. I haven't seen them eat any. However, I am assuming since they are so familiar with the feeder, they must be eating some. The male bluebird also landed several times, but he hasn't gained that comfort level yet. He would quickly fly off every time we were close.
I was thrilled watching them. And I was reminded of how Luke 12 tells us that God provides for the birds. "They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn, yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds!" (emphasis mine) Luke 12:24. In today's times it is easy to become anxious about tomorrow. But God is still God and He is still on His Throne. Nothing can happen that will take God by surprise. I have to trust in Him and in Him alone. And I know He will provide for my every need just as He does for these beautiful birds.


By the way, once again, Adam was the photographer of these great pictures.

1 comments:

Faith said...

What beautiful pictures of the bluebirds, but even more beautiful words of encouragement for my heart.

Thank you so much for sharing...I needed to hear this!