"You're my best friend." Those are sweet words, aren't they? And they are especially sweet when coming out of Andy's mouth to Nate. As I have mentioned before, Andy idolizes Nate. I guess any little brother thinks the world of his older brother. And many times Nate is very undeserving. He is a good big brother. But, mostly to his sister, not his brother. Don't get me wrong here, many times, Andy deserves the treatment Nate is dishing out. However, there are times when Nate is very short-tempered with Andy. But do remember, in Nate's defense, Andy IS 3!!
Sibling Rivalry is one of those things that has caught me off guard. I DID expect it, but not so heavy and so early. Being the baby of my family I don't remember a lot of rivalry or competition. (My brother Rob would say there is a reason for that!) Sure, my brothers fought hard as teenagers. Hard enough to scare their little sister. And hard enough to cause me to react! But, I never remember them fighting as little boys. I always thought they were best friends as little boys.
So, it is challenging me to help Nate and Andy become friends. (And I am up for suggestions here.) I try to remind them that God chose them for each other. And God doesn't make ANY mistakes!
Some days I have to remind myself that my sweet boys come from the same source. They are SO different. But, yet, they are brothers. And I want more than anything for them to grow up loving each other. So, when I hear Andy say: "Nate, you are my best friend." It warms my heart.
There isn't any better friend than a brother. I believe that it is a unique kind of God-given friend. I pray my boys and their sister grow up to love and respect each other. And I pray that they are friends even in old age!
Psalm 133: 1 "How good and pleasant it is when brothers live together in unity!"


1 comments:
Hi Ashleigh,
Thanks for your sweet note on our blog. I would love to get together sometime. I am so glad to hear that Nate is still enjoying school. I am sure he is doing great!
Check out the blog templates at www.thecutestblogontheblock.com they have lots of cute ones!
Blessings to you!
:) amy
Post a Comment