BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Things change.

You know you are getting old when your requests and desires in life are not the same as they used to be. It is funny, some years ago I said I wouldn't EVER ask for an appliance or household need for my birthday or anniversary. That simply wouldn't be practical, would it? I also said that I didn't want my birthday and anniversary presents combined! That was a "rule" I gave to my husband when we first got married. (Anniversary is Oct 21st and birthday is October 27) That was me as a 20-something in a perfect world.

However, things have changed! On Saturday I was given my anniversary/birthday present a little early. (not actually given...I went and got it myself---but that is another story) I will add for my husband here...that he hasn't ever chosen on his own to break this "rule"---it is ALWAYS my choice and it has happened to be broken more than once!

Now I am the proud new owner of a PINK Dyson vacuum cleaner. Yes, it was a combo gift and Yes, I chose this gift. It was what I ASKED for!! I couldn't be more excited!! It is fun to have a household product that is cute. And it works well. I am anxious to get it out and use it again. I am quite sure that the pink part of it makes it all the more usable, but it is an added bonus that it is a nice vacuum!!

You know, time (or age) does change things. And not always in the way that you expected. But, it doesn't have to be negative. I like how my life is now. Sure, I would LOVE to have the funds to get really great anniversary and birthday presents every year. And I would love to be able to save the practical stuff for just random purchases. But, that isn't the lot I have in life right now, and I am OK with it. Life isn't perfect and sometimes it is more important to be practical!! This is where God put me and I am happy and thankful that He uses life experiences and time to mold us into what HE desires for us!!

2 comments:

JenB said...

Awww, my sweet little Lu is growing up! ha!
Love the vacuum! (and am I crazy or does that word just not look right? And I looked it up!) And the fact that it is pink just makes me smile!

Ashleigh said...

Jen, your comments always make me smile!!