BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

"Heart's Desire"




"Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4






31 years ago my parents were given a special thing from the Lord. He made it possible for them to purchase their first house. A cabin really. In Lake Lure, NC. They decided back then to name it "Heart's Desire". I now understand why they named it that. And I know that God knew just how many hearts would be touched by the place.

It isn't much. And we all know it. But, they have worked hard to make it a quaint little cabin. My daddy has poured a lot of blood, sweat and tears into the old place. And I couldn't be more proud.

I have spent time there every summer since they purchased it. And I love it more and more every time I go. We spent the weekend there. And had such a nice time. We were all sad to leave. And my boys have already asked to go back. They enjoy every moment they spend there. It is known to them as "Papa Bob's Lake".



I love Lake Lure. But, you know what, it isn't really Lake Lure that I love. It is my parents. I love them and the time and attention that they give. Not JUST to the lake house. But to my brothers and me. AND to our families now. My dad works himself silly trying to keep the house in a condition that is livable. And he dreams of ways to make it better. And my mom also works like crazy feeding us all. AND anyone that dreams of visiting.






We have lots of special memories there at Lake Lure. And I hope that we have MANY, MANY more.


Thanks Mama and Daddy for sharing the place with us and all of our friends all of these years. Thanks for the hard work and money that you have spent. But thanks most of all for loving your children enough to take time out for us and spend time with us!!! I know that being with us is your REAL "Heart's Desire".

2 comments:

Faith said...

Hey Ashleigh, I've heard about this place from Jen...what a blessing for your parents to be able to share this with everyone. I know that you have many wonderful memories, and there will be many more made in the future. Lake Lure is such a beautiful place!

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! I hope ya'll have a great weekend!

JenB said...

LOVE me some Lake Lure! Hopefully I've redeemed myself after my first trip there! ha!