BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, August 14, 2008

A New World Awaits

Here I am on the last "non-school" night of my mothering career! Nate, my oldest, starts kindergarten on Monday! And we went tonight for his orientation. I THINK he is excited,
but will get back to you on that!
He has been a stay-at-home kid from day one. However, I am thankful to say he does have a year of preschool behind him. And let me tell you, the first 2 months were VERY hard for him!! I am just so glad that he has that under his belt now. I feel like he will do ok, but he is nervous and keeps telling me so!!

We have had such fun together this summer. And I have been so impressed at how he LOVES his little sister. I hope he always loves her that much. Now we just need to work on him loving Andy that much! (they are getting SOME better together!)

But here I am trying my best not to let him know how sad I am! My little man. (quite frankly, he isn't so little...he towers over some of the other kindergarteners!) I am going to miss him so! I would have homeschooled him, but he is WAY too attached to me AND he has a younger brother that I could post daily struggles about!

So, here we go into this world of new things!! A new school, a new teacher, a new classroom, new clothes, new shoes, new backpack, new lunch box, new crayons and stuff, a new bedtime, a new wake-up time, a whole new world for this family! I just hope it is as fun for him as possible!! I also hope that it lays a strong foundation for his learning career! And I hope for his mommy that I handle it better than him!









Stay tuned for a post from his first day!!

2 comments:

JenB said...

Congratulations Nate! You're so big! I know you will have a great year and make lots of new friends.
And Ash, you'll be fine too!

Unknown said...

YEAH Ashleigh!! I can't wait to keep up with you through your BLOG!!! I am with you on our babies growing up...Gavin starts K this year too!!