BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Baseball Lessons On and Off the Field


My oldest little man is finishing up his last season of t-ball. Next year it is on to coach-pitch! I can tell a huge difference in his knowledge and ability. But despite his improvement...t-ball is still very painful to watch. 5 and 6 year olds can make the game of baseball seem almost impossible! But they are cute as they try to make an out. Or run the bases too fast for the runner in front of them. There are a lot of neat lessons for children to learn on that field. Hopefully, our little man has learned a few things.





As we finish up this t-ball season and go to our last couple of games...I get the unfortunate action of having my wallet gone through!!! At the t-ball field no-less! I thought it was strange as I returned to my car 15- minutes after arriving at the game to see my wallet lying on the ground. I was shocked and a little stupid-feeling. It seemed I had knocked it on the ground as I was getting stuff out of the front seat. But, at first glace everything seemed in order. And the most obvious access to money---my debit card---was untouched. So, I moved on from my accident...unharmed...at least I thought.

24-hours later---as I went to get the cash I knew I had in my wallet---that wasn't there---I realized that there were 2 credit cards missing as well as a gift card and cash!! UGH!!!! And of course, they have already used it. Thanks to me someone had a little shopping spree at Home Depot and I even paid for their gas to get there!! How annoying!

How do people like this sleep at night? How do they look in the mirror each morning? Dishonest people stink! You know! Especially considering that they were ripping off a mother sitting at her child's t-ball game!!!!! The NERVE!!!!!

We are so blessed. And God is so quick to provide for our every need. I am thankful. But, my husband and I struggle to make things work financially. We work hard to be good stewards and to be honest with our money. And it angers me to think that someone just waltzes in and TAKES something that they KNOW isn't theirs. And they proceed to use it. Come on, be like the rest of us...work hard, struggle a little, but mostly give it all to JESUS!! And trust in HIM instead of someone else's credit! He is a lot more dependable than those credit cards!! And He doesn't have a credit limit!!!!!! And besides, He is not affected by this economy at all.


(do forgive me---seems I needed to vent a little!!)

0 comments: