BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 30, 2009

Artist in the Making?

Andy has become a little artist. He enjoys drawing pictures for most everyone. Sometimes he even gets angry when it doesn't turn out like he thinks it should. Way too much pressure on a 3-year-old. But, I enjoy his determination and try my best to encourage him. One thing I keep telling both of my boys is: "listen, if you are not having fun....stop what you are doing!"

Life is like that. And I believe that if you are miserable at something, maybe you should reconsider! Stop what you are doing and ask yourself, is this necessary? Can it be eliminated? And, most importantly, am I glorifying Jesus through this? If not, maybe you too, should stop!


This is a copy of Andy's recent picture of mommy. I know...it is almost exact!! And here is what he said about this picture:

"This is you mommy. You are getting your haircut. And you got your arm cut off. The hair-cutting person looked away, and then cut your arm off. She thought your hair was done, and, and, and she just cut your arm off. But she forgot to cut that part of the hair. And you were getting ready to fall off of the chair you were sitting in."

2 comments:

JenB said...

What an imagination! Becca hung the picture he drew for her in her room. Love that little guy!

Faith said...

That is quite an imagination he's got. Wow! I love that he is so serious about his artwork. He is way too cute!!