BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Potty Training 101 Section 2

Today I spent the day potty training.  It was not a thought-out plan.  I just decided this morning that today would be a good day, so I offered and she took me up on it.  At least for a little while.  This was my second attempt with her.  We tried early in the fall and she got spooked, so I totally backed off.  Purposedly waited until after the holidays.  Yes, those holidays that have become a distant memory at this point. 

Here are a few of the things that I dealt with today... Streaking, Soaking, Scared, Stubborn and exhauSted!!

Training a hard-headed, strong-willed, energetic child is a job.  I didn't accomplish ANYTHING else today.  

I will say she had a few sucesses and a few set-backs.  Thankfully the successes outnumbered the set-backs.  She was even thrilled when she saw her big brother's DS game.  She said: "I am a big girl now...I can play this game."  I thought I had her all ready and willing to make the change.  She even told me she didn't need diapers anymore. 

But, things took a turn after naptime.  She begged for a diaper.  And she told me she was "All-done".  I asked her what she was done with?  And she said: "Potty training."  Funny girl. 

We did continue with our training all the way up to bedtime.  Now I am going to bed and pray for the strength to face another day of it.  You know "Rome wasn't built in a day", and neither was a potty-trained 2-year-old!! Does anyone actually know how long it did take to build Rome? 

(yes, she is my third, I should be an old pro at this, but I am NOT!!)

0 comments: