BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, January 3, 2011

Better than a Rock Star

My middle man and I were having a conversation last night.  We were discussing how much he loves people and how much he enjoys showing that affection.  I was trying to encourage him to continue to love without quite so much demonstration.  His big brother has been a little embarrassed by his demonstrative love at school.  So, here I am trying to help him without smashing his little spirit.  I like that he is social.  I like that he likes people.  And someday it may be a part of what he chooses to do with his life.  So, I told him that. This is how some of our conversation went:  "You know buddy, you may become a preacher one day like your Papa Bob.  It is important to love people in that job"  He responded pretty quickly: "No mom, I wanna be a rock star."  So, I said in response to him: "I think your Papa Bob is better than a rock star.  You know why?  Because it is his job to lead people to Jesus.  He also gets to teach about the best man that ever lived.  I think that is better than a rock star."   I am sure in his 5-year-old mind he might not yet agree with me.  But, I believe some day he will agree.  Papa Bob IS better than a Rock Star.  And that is true even if this little middle man decides to one day become a rocker.

0 comments: