BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Old Habits...

...die hard.  Isn't that how the saying goes?  We are trying to break some habits around these parts.  And one of them is our baby girl sucking on that pacifier all day long.  Now it is limited to bedtime and car rides!  She is handling it pretty well and will volunteer to leave it in the bed most days.  But, if you are not careful she will go back in her room in a little while to retrieve it.  Even though I was one of those pre-parent-days-non-parent that swore I would have my children broken from the pacifier by age two.  (yes, humble-pie is eaten here every day!)  I have not been too serious about getting rid of the pappy too soon with any of my children.  All three of them have been very addicted and so far we have broken two at a later than average age!  And I don't think they are any worse for the waiting!  So, for now, we are going to just limit its usage!  I do believe that this time last year I was DREADING Andy's 4th birthday because he was scheduled to give his pappy up on his momentous day!  He did just that and gave up napping all at the same time!!!  No tears either...just a little fuss over it.  I enjoyed those napping days.  And I have missed that pappy more than he ever did!!!  Besides our orthodontist friend says he can fix anything!! 

1 comments:

Anne said...

My kids always had them until almost 4, and they did fine! The only one was Bryce, who wouldn't take one. She needed it the most for her colic! Or rather, I did!