BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Only Love Can Break a Heart...

...and only love can heal it again!!! 

My dad's chocolate lab died last week.  She was about 13 years old and such a sweet dog.  She got cancer and it took her quickly!  Her passing was hard on my sweet daddy.  He is such a tender-hearted soul.  (I love that about him!!)  Some years ago he told me that "Only love can break a heart, and only love can heal it again."  I believe that is pretty true! 
So thanks to my oldest brother and a generous parishioner in his church family this is my daddy's new love!

She is a sweetheart!! 
We still miss "Cajun"!  And I am sure we will for a long time. She was a good dog!  But, it is nice to know that God can use a sweet puppy to help heal those wounds!

2 comments:

Faith said...

Awww, she is precious!! I'm so sorry to hear about Cajun. I cannot imagine the heartbreak - I know I will be in mourning when something happens to my baby girl.

How neat that your grandmother collected owls too! And, I cannot stand Vienna, but I'm with you, I think that he ends up picking her. Ugh! Ali redeemed herself a little last night for me, and I think she would be a good bachelorette!

Thanks for your sweet comment and for your prayers!

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh! The loss of a loved one, can be so devastating! I'm so happy he was able to get another puppy soon to help in the healing!