I decided to sign up for a class through the Women's Ministries at our church. This is a class on De-cluttering and Organization. I have always considered myself a fairly neat person. But, I am not a TYPE A person. And I don't fancy myself as organized! Especially now that I have brought three little people into this world.
Anyway, I started this class last night. And I am SO excited!!! The class is actually entitled: "Being a Woman of Joy. Simplify Your Life by De-Cluttering/Organization." And the first lesson knocked me straight to my knees. I felt shame as I was so convicted.
The facilitator brought 3 Biblical principles that really inspired me to change things in my home. They were as follows:
1. "All we have is from God (our time, talents, and possessions), and we are to be faithful and wise stewards of it."
2. "Our God is a God of order."
3. "We can not serve the Lord with the joy we were intended to if we are living in clutter and chaos and hoarding things of this world."
In addition to these three principals she basically told us to "Let Go." There are many people that can use things that are in my home that I am not using. And I need to let go of so many things. I get caught up in thinking I MIGHT use it later. What about the here and now? And what about that simple principal of sanity? You know...too much stuff might eventually cause me to go insane?
And I have heard it said many times before...you simply don't see the hearse with a trailer behind it. She also told us to get over saving stuff for our kids. Unless something is specifically ASKED for or TALKED about....you can't expect your kids to take everything in your home when you move on to glory. Where would they put it all?
So, here I go! Off to de-clutter! Organization is next week's topic!
Savoring the Moments
7 years ago

1 comments:
GO for it! And teach it all to me!
Post a Comment