BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 29, 2010

Gentle Reminders

Not too long ago Andy got in a little trouble at preschool for pushing. Of course I was not happy with my son. So, when he got in the car that day I asked him what happened and why. He told me that he wanted to play with this girl on the playground from another class. And she did not want him to play. She told him to go away. So, he took matters into his own hands and pushed her.

I will admit that this mama was not impressed with my child. However, I wanted so badly to say to him: "Thataboy!" That little girl deserved what she got in many ways. And if someone does not teach her she will continue in that elite-type behavior. And she will continue to hurt feelings for a long time. But, you know I could not encourage my own child to misbehave because of someone else's poor choices. And of course, he and I talked about better ways to handle people in those situations. And I DO know these kids are 4 and 5-years-old, so I am sure she did not really mean to make him so mad. Afterall, he is a BOY! And she did say: "No BOYS!"

I don't like bad behavior. Especially the kind of bad behavior that makes others feel left out or sad. I wish that type of stuff was just for preschoolers. But, sadly it isn't. And recently I have seen it among adults. It makes me sad. And even a little lonely. Some times I even feel like taking matters into my own hands just like my little man did. I am with him on this one. If adults are going to choose to leave others out, then maybe a little push might help. Thankfully though the push does not have to come from me. I pray that Jesus does some heart pushing. I know He has pushed me on this one. And He has gently reminded me that I too have been guilty of this poor behavior. I am thankful for His forgiveness. Even YEARS later. Sometimes we don't realize the implications of our decisions. And many times it is not even a conscience decision.


Grace does cover ALL of our sin and for that I am relieved. But, I hope that I can treat others in a way that does not require me to need grace so badly. I also hope that God's tender prompts speak loud enough so that I am not the only one that hears.
(I thought the sad behavior picture would be appropriate here!! I like a post with pictures!! But, I can not leave her sad either....so I attached two! By, the way, Adam's wonderful and generous Aunt Moi (Marilyn) made this precious hat for my baby girl. We LOVE it. I am sure you can see why.)


3 comments:

JenB said...

What a cute hat!!
So thankful for grace!! Thanks for your comments earlier. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Amen to your comments!
I love you!!

Anonymous said...

Love the hat!!!

But, helloooo... LOVE THE EYELASHES!!!!!