BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 17, 2009

Little Flyers

We spent all last week at my parents. Such a nice trip. I always tell my mom that she is happy to see us come but happy to see us go too!!! There might be a later post about our trip.

While we were there I got to watch her hummingbird friends in action. We know that there are at least 2 of them and they come and go all day long. This is by far my favorite bird. They are fascinating. I read last week that a tagged hummingbird was caught in the Hickory-area and 13 days later was re-caught in Texas. They are estimating that the little fellow flew an average of 89 miles per day! Isn't that amazing?

These tiny creatures remind me that God's great big hands even have time for intricate details. You know, He didn't have to create the sweet little hummingbird. We wouldn't have known the difference. But, He thought of everything. Even the little things. So, the next time something "small" is bothering you...remember that God is THE God of small things too! His Hands oversee it all and He cares even for those little things!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

God is so good! Thanks for sharing my little friends with others. Today I saw 4 of them trying to run each other off so they could eat! So amazing!

Anonymous said...

Ashleigh, This is so awesome! The pictures are wonderful! You have touched my heart! Thanks!

Dave's Bird Watching Blog said...

Nice pictures, Ashleigh! You've got some great close-ups here. Aren't hummingbirds fun? I love those little birds!