I have had a love affair with my dog for over 13 years now. He is my friend. He isn't such a good dog, but I still love him. And I am sad that he is already 13. My family enjoys making jokes that he doesn't have a lot of time left. I try to take it all in stride and laugh with them...but I surely wasn't ready to see his life come to an end last night.
You see, my sweet little girl has a cold. Runny nose, sneezing, coughing. So, just before bedtime I gave her a chewable benadryl. When I looked back down to her she said: "I gave it Kobie." And there stood Kobie at her feet. She feeds him often. And he rarely turns down a hand-out. Often times it isn't even a hand-out. He likes to swipe food from their little hands. (one of the many reason he isn't such a good dog) So, I went into panic mode. Here it is bedtime for my three kids and potentially permanent bedtime for my dog. My dear husband starting making phone calls. First the emergency vet. As he read off the ingredients to the tech on the phone they said that he SHOULD be OK. But for $60 we could call animal poison control. YIKES!! They also offered that regular poison control might help. After a call to them, they also said he SHOULD be OK. SHOULD isn't really what I was hoping they would tell me. However, for a 13 year old dog it was the best we were gonna get.
Savoring the Moments
7 years ago


3 comments:
Oh my goodness! That sounds like a crazy evening, but I'm so glad your first baby is okay!
oh my goodness! When I was reading the first part of the blog, I thought Kobie had really died! Glad he is ok! He is so cuddly!
OMG....i am so glad that this had a happy ending!
Post a Comment