After the last post about my inadequacies of being a mother, I thought I would post something that I find inspiring.
I have been reading a new devotional this year. It was given to us by our Sunday School teachers at Christmas time. And I have really enjoyed it. It is entitled: "Jesus Calling."
Last week this was some of what the Lord revealed to me.
"I AM A MIGHTY GOD." Nothing is too difficult for Me. I have chosen to use weak ones like you to accomplish My purposes. Your weakness is designed to open you up to My Power. Therefore, do not fear your limitations or measure the day's demands against your strength. What I require of you is to stay connected to Me, living in trusting dependence on My limitless resources. I am not a careless god. When I allow difficulties to come into your life, I equip you to fully handle them. Relax in My Presence, trusting in My Strength."
Wow, I need that reminder every day. And I sure am thankful for its TRUTH!! I so often hear: "Jesus helps those who help themselves." That isn't Biblical. Jesus doesn't need our help. He can handle it ALL on his own. Isn't that a wonderful blessing!!
Savoring the Moments
7 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment