It has been a few weeks since I posted about my decluttering class. So, I wanted to update a little. I do want to admit, it IS still a work in progress. Am sure decluttering and organizing will be a life-time job with three children in the house! To which I will be grateful instead of annoyed!! I would not want it any other way. I am thankful for the toys and the clothes and the stuff God has blessed us with. But remember it is just stuff and I do not want to be overcome by it all!!
So, we have worked hard here in our home. My dear husband has made at least 4 trips to a local good will. And he even relented and took down his weight equipment that was not being used enough to justify taking up space. Now, it is taking up space in our attic. I would say our overloaded attic, but we have cleaned there too!!! Most of our stuff came out of the attic and was gone through and moved to appropriate places!! But, this is my bonus room/guest bed room WITHOUT that big equipment!!! If you have ever seen this room, you will notice the difference!! If not, sorry I don't have any before photos! I didn't want any!!!
And this second picture is my NEW dining room! I am thrilled! This room was a play room because I didn't have dining room furniture! So, after five years of living in our current house and me being OVER a playroom in my dining room, I am now ready for dining guests! Well, almost. I inherited this set from my dear grandmother's house. And I couldn't be happier about it. There is more furniture to come that goes with it...but that will take additional work. I am currently painting the walls...yes they are unfinished, but that is OK!! I did start, just haven't finished! And I plan to eventually put up a new light fixture and some neat pictures of my children. I will have to post the finished product soon.
I am sure you might be wondering where all the toys went. Surely I wouldn't give them all away?! No, we did part with some, but most of them are tucked away in our bonus room closet with new shelving that Adam worked on a few weeks ago. I would share a picture, but I will spare you. Besides it is just a closet and I am still working on getting it really neat. But, remember my kids are in and out of there, so I am not working REALLY hard on the neat part!!
Lastly, here is an updated picture of my counter tops. No, they are not new counter tops...just decluttered!!
I still have other decluttering plans, so stay tuned! And be inspired! Because if I can do it, anyone can!!!
Sorry this picture is blurry...not sure why?!?




4 comments:
Wow wow wow! I all looks great! And I HAVE seen the bonus room, slept in it and bumped my head on the weight machine, so I can appreciate the makeover!! ha!
Obviously it should have said "It" all looks great! ha!
you can come and do our playroom next, and paint Mary's room while you are at it! :)
i need to follow in your footsteps!
Post a Comment